Tuesday 17 May 2011

Square easel

Good morning.... for today's card I thought I would do a little tutorial for you.
This is the finished card.....

So now...... here is how you make it.
 Here is what you will need. I have used some Tatty Teddy decoupage and papers. Ink, paper flowers, ribbon, brads and adhesive gems.
 The base for the card is a standard square card. Fold this along the crease line, use a bone folder as this will make sure that the crease is nice and sharp.
 Fold the top of the card over on itself. Again use a bone folder for a sharp crease.
 Decide on the papers that you want to use. We are going to layer the papers so make sure your base paper is 1/2cm larger than the top layer.
 Ink the edges of the paper - this will make each layer stand out.
 Fix into position on your card.
 Now we need to make the paper bar for the bottom of the card (this will help your chosen embellishment to stand up). Attach the ribbon to this strip before you fix it to the card base.
 Fix into position on the base of the card and attach a second piece of ribbon to create the knot.
 Now you want to add your embellishment. I have used some glitter cardstock to layer mine. Use the photo above for guidance as to where you need to put the topper.
 When  the card stands it should now look like this. (Sorry about the glare, the pics where taken with my mobile phone and the light was very bright!)
 Next we want to add some extra embellishments. I am using some blue and white paper flowers.
 You can see where I have put them. These will help your card stand nicely.
 To finish I have added some adhesive stone. I can never have enough adhesive stones!
This is the card from the side.
Let me know if you use the tutorial or make the card. I would love to pop over to your blog to see what you have made.

Happy craftin'
Nikki x

1 comment:

  1. Love this different take on an easel card, will give it a go tomorrow - thanks for the idea
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving a comment.
All comments are read and appreciated.
Happy crafting x