Tuesday 30 August 2011

Santa, please stop here.......

I created a door sign similar to this at my latest round of demos.
It was very popular and I was asked to do a tutorial for it, so here you are!

 First of all the stock you will need is - a chipboard base, some decorative paper, a stamped image, some adhesive letters, glue, embossing powder, heat gun, ribbon, adhesive stones etc....
 Cover your base in your chosen paper and sand down the edges to make sure they are smooth.
 I'm using some WOW embossing powders next (and boy are they WOW).
 Cover your embellishment with embossing powder - I have used Gold rich ultra high for the bell and glamour green embossing glitter for the holly.
 Edge your base with gold embossing powder. Stamp your image onto white card and emboss with gold too.
 Tear another piece of paper and fix into position on your base.
 Colour in your image and fix onto the base using 3d foam pads.
 Add your wording. I chose to have 'please stop here.'
 Now add your embellishment.
 Add some adhesive stones - cause you can never have enough bling!!!
Finish by adding some ribbon to create the handle.

I hope you like this tutorial, I would love to see what you create using it.
Drop me a note and I will pop by your blog and have a look.

Happy craftin'
Nikki

3 comments:

  1. Loveie Love Love Love Love it. The embossing is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i commented on your flower... loved it looked at your santa sign... love it 2

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving a comment.
All comments are read and appreciated.
Happy crafting x