Monday 5 September 2011

Calorie free chocolate bar

This was very popular at my demo yesterday..... so I thought I would do a little tutorial for you!
This is my little chocolate bar.....


 To make this little chocolate bar you will need.... an x-cut guillotine, an embossing tool, some kraft card, brown inks and some patterned paper.
 Take your guillotine and turn it over so that the bottom of it is facing you. Lay the card over the grid on the back and emboss around your chosen amount of squares.
 When you turn your card over it will look like this....
 Next cover the raised squares in brown ink.
 Trim your chocolate bar to size and cut a little bite out of one of the top corners.
Create a wrapper using some patterned paper (you could always use some foil here too).

A calorie free bar of chocolate!!!

I also use this technique for making Victorian style windows..... but that is a tutorial for another day.

Happy craftin'
Nikki x

8 comments:

  1. Fab idea! How clever to use the back of your guillotine! Love it, TFS! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get a guillotine! That's a fantastic idea and it looks really good. Thank you Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial...and fab idea for a card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nikki, what a great idea - great tutorial. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki, this is awesome! I have got to try this. Thanks for the splendid tutorial.

    Blessings,
    Teresa

    PS - Now where did I leave that chocolate..... ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab idea, I wondered where you were going with this went I saw your demo at Dobbies last Sunday. Looking forward to your next. & thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab idea...look's good enough to eat!...thanks for sharing...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever. You should get an award for the cleverest use of a piece of crafting equipment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving a comment.
All comments are read and appreciated.
Happy crafting x