Tuesday 14 February 2012

Owl Tutorial

I've been making these owls for a long time now and have finally got around to making a little tutorial for them (one down and about a million more to go!)....
This is what the finished owl on a card looks like.....
I used the wonderful papers from Do Crafts, Portabello Road........
So here is how you put him together,
 You can use circle dies or punches. You will also need a flower punch and a little triangle (I just cut this freehand). 
So, 2 large circles (1 for the body and 1 for the wings), 2 medium circles, 2 small circles, 2 medium flowers and 1 triangle.
 Use the die or punch to cut a semi circle out of one of the large circles.
 Cut out 2 semi circles from the other large circle. These will be the wings.
 Glue into position on the body.
 Add the eyes.
 Add the centers to the eyes. (I cut out a little wedge from each of the eye centers).
 Now you add his little beak.
Glue on his feet (I leave the flowers whole so that there is something to glue onto the back).

I love owls, so I love to make them all different sizes. They are perfect for adding to all of your papercrafting projects.
You can even make them out of felt or funky foam!
If you make any of them, please let me know so that I can pop over to your blog and have a look.
Happy craftin'

Nikki x

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tutorial, that looks so lovely and the owls are brilliant. Love Bex cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great demo at the weekend - it was really nice to meet you.
    You came up with so many inspiring ideas.
    Thank you for taking the time to explain them all.
    Thank you for pointing us in the direction of your blog - I love these owls.
    Mary and Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - I think these owls are just great, thank you for the very clear instructions on how to make them.
    I think everyone will be getting an owl or two from me this year.

    Love
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just happened to blog hop and find myself on your blog - I am so glad i did.
    New follower!

    Nicole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look brilliant, I like owls to xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW! I love these little owls, they are so adorable
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial..
    love them

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for tutorial they are very cute!! Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looove owls and my daughter too soo happy I found this thanks so much

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving a comment.
All comments are read and appreciated.
Happy crafting x