Sunday 24 July 2011

Corner Bookmark

I've had a few emails and requests for a little tutorial on the corner bookmark that I did for this months Creativity.
For those of you that wanted the step by steps, here you are......


Cut a 10cm x 10cm square from card. Mark at 5cm on 3 of the edges.
Score from both side marks to the mark at the top. Fold over the card to create a point.
Cut a 6.5cm x 6.5cm square from paper. Cut this along the diagonal and use these triangles to decorate both sides of the bookmark.
Create a decorative edge along the bottom of the bookmark with a border punch.
Cut two 3cm x 10cm strips from cardstock and two 2.5cm x 9.5cm from paper.
Layer and add ribbon.
Fix these strips onto the bookmark. (I only add ribbon to the strip that will be on the top of the bookmark).
Finish by adding your chosen topper and adhesive stones.
This is what the back of my bookmark looks like.....
I would really love to see the bookmarks that you make.
Happy craftin'

Nikki x

6 comments:

  1. That's great, thanks Nikki, I'll let you see the results! x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cards are lovely... but I seem to have problems posting on any of your pages - esp the blog hop one! I will keep checking back soon and hopefully I can follow you too if it will let me as you have so many great ideas on your site

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Tutorial!
    Got my Candy Yesterday!
    Awesome!
    Thank you soo much!
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. its reallly beautiful.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial will have to try.. Chrissieann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tut Nikki, great bookmark too, I've never thought of doing a corner one, great idea xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving a comment.
All comments are read and appreciated.
Happy crafting x