Tuesday 31 January 2012

Feeling inspired.....

I am very excited about the project that I have to show you.......
I really like it!
This is an inspiration jar......
All you need is an empty jar, some cardstock, embellishments and ribbon (mine had to be in purple!)....
1. Decorate the body of your jar.
2. Decorate the lid of your jar.
3. Add 3d gloss to the lid and allow to set - this gives a lovely finish to the lid.




Now for the inside of the jar......
4. Create lots of tags.
5. On each of the tags write a technique - eg... stamping, embossing, paper folding etc etc
6. Decorate and add ribbon.

Now whenever my mojo leaves or if I am ever just having one of those days....... I shake my jar..... take out 3 tags...... and that becomes my recipe for the project I am making.
I think this has to be one of my favourite things!!!
I hope it helps you out too.....
If you make one, I would love to see it.

Happy crafting,
Nikki x

23 comments:

  1. What a great idea Nikki. Your jar is beautiful.
    Romayne xx (DC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a brilliant idea, so well done as well, can i put it on our group on facebook hunnie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it,love it, love it - Fantastic idea and just what us crafters need for those "I'm stuck for and idea" moments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that´s so very lovely! What a good idea and you will never stuck in ideas anymore! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  6. awh wow, what a fab idea....well done and I may get around to 'borrowing' this one day lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Jar Nikki, I may have to give it a try myself.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Suzie xxx :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow oh wow its amazin love what u done will inspire me xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea Nikki, and it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it, excellent idea and your jar is decorated beautifully.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunningly beautiful project, I love the colours and all of the gorgeous details you have added, love it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a brilliant idea Nikki. I love the colours. Had a quick peek at your cards too, they are lovely. Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A brilliant idea Nikki and love the purple!

    BIC xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, must try one of these myself. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats brilliant Nikki - and I know JUST the jar for the job! I knew it would come in handy one day! :-) Lea xx (tonyswife on DC)

    ReplyDelete
  16. All i can say Nikki is WOW xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is fantastic nikki ill have to do me one xxxxx nicky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the jar and the buttons on the lid, my favourite colour too. Must try it myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous jar, love it & what a fab idea when mojo goes on hols xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely idea Nikki x Thank you for sharing it with us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. These jars are a great idea and yours looks really fab!
    I've seen a few of these around recently and think I'll be making my own variation very soon! Ni. x (DC Demo)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving a comment.
All comments are read and appreciated.
Happy crafting x