Friday 4 October 2013

How to make a Minion...

Lol.... no not a million..... it's not a typo.... I really meant how to make a Minion...
I love love love these little guys and so far this year I think I might have made a million Minion things! lol
I was asked last week if I made up templates for these to sell, being a crafter through and through, I thought instead of that, that I would create a tutorial that you could follow if you wanted to make one.... simples....
I've tried to keep the steps and photos down so that it is easier to follow....
Here is how you do it!

 This is what you will need... Your card blank ( I have used an a5 card blank as my base), coloured card in black, yellow, blue, grey, white and red/brown. Ink and you choice of adhesive...
 You will see here the pieces I have cut from the card stock.
From the black - a large piece that is 1cm smaller that your card, a 2cm strip of card - this must go from edge to edge on your minion, 2 small circles - I used the Do Crafts palm punch, small circle and an arch - this will become his smile.
From the blue - a large rectangle (these are the dungarees, but the size will change depending on your finished card size) and 2 strips of card that are 2cm wide. A semi circle - this will be the pocket.
From the yellow - this needs to be cut 1cm smaller than your black background.
White - 2 circles, these will become the eyes.
Grey - 2 circles the same size as the white ones.... this time cut away the centers as they will become the glass frames.
Brown - 2 circles - I used the large Do Crafts palm punch for these.

Let's start to put him together...
 Layer your large yellow and black pieces together as shown.
 Lets add our pocket and dungarees..... Ink around the edges of the pocket to make it stand out a bit more.
 Now the strip of black cardstock - check the position of this before you fix it into place - the eyes will go onto this section.
 Follow the pictures to make the eyes and then fix them into place.
 To finish the card I added the name of the person who is getting the card. You could also leave the pocket open to pop a gift card in.
When you are happy with your Minion, glue him onto the white card base.
I'd love to see your Minion if you make one.
If you do, please make sure you tell me about it so that I can pop on over to your blog to take a look...
Happy craftin
Nikki x

9 comments:

  1. Super minion - thanks for sharing the instructions..
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's brilliant, thanks for the tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun project, thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki this is just fantastic thanks for the tut great work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool Love it Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card, thank you for sharing the tutorial

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nikki.. this is absolutle FANTASTIC.. I SOOO have to try this. Thank you so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic card love these guys xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab project! I can see me attempting to make this - hubby is a big fan of Minions LOL

    Thanks for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving a comment.
All comments are read and appreciated.
Happy crafting x